Senior Software Developer
Position Description/ Duties
Norwich University Applied Research Institutes (NUARI) is seeking an experienced Senior Software Developer to support expanded research and development of products and services that establish a cybersecurity risk framework and enable cybersecurity resiliency for real-world critical infrastructures. We are looking for smart, enthusiastic individuals that will work closely with the current team of model & simulation engineers, software developers, data architects, and subject matter experts. Duties will include:
- Designing and implementing software for enterprise-level server applications
- Developing models, simulations and process flows that represent real-world systems
- Improving the current server applications for performance, scalability, security, and maintainability
- Writing clean, well-tested, and maintainable code
- Supporting on-going product improvement of NUARI’s Distributed Environment for Critical Infrastructure Decision-making Exercises (DECIDE®) platform.
- Keeping up-to-date and leveraging the latest web technologies
Required Skills & Experience
- AS or BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical discipline.
- Minimum 4-years of experience in software design, development, and testing
- Experience with development tools such as NetBeans, Eclipse or comparable IDEs
- Experience in software model & simulation design and development
- Excellent communications skills, problem solving skills, analytical skills, and superb attention to detail
- Authorized to work in the United States
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience leading enterprise-level web server design, development, and deployment in a secure cloud computing environment
- 5+ years experience in software model & simulation design and development
- Knowledgeable in AngularJS framework / Model-view-Controller
- Proficiency using Apache Maven, continuous integration, and issue tracking software
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity, information security, and/or information assurance
- Experience working on projects employing Agile methods
- Working knowledge of User Experience (UX) / User Interface (UI) design and implementation
- Understanding of data-driven design and implementation
- Experience in establishing quality assurance processes and implementing automated testing
- Experience in commercial product launch and product lifecycle support
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume via email: email@example.com. Submissions may also be sent by U.S. mail: Norwich University Applied Research Institutes, Attn: Search Committee, P.O. Box 30, Northfield, VT 05663-0030.
Full or part-time positions are available. While face-to-face collaboration is critical, flexible work environment may allow a portion of the effort to be conducted remotely.
Norwich University Applied Research Institutes is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Applications from women and people of diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package offered. Please visit https://nuari.net for more information.