Technical Writing / Creative Design Internships
Position Description/ Duties
Norwich University Applied Research Institutes (NUARI) is seeking smart, enthusiastic student(s) for part-time internship positions working closely with experienced professional staff and subject matter experts in the preparation of cyber exercise narratives, technical documentation, advertisement material, user guides, training material, graphics arts, and imagery that support development and deployment of network and web-enterprise Cyber Security products and services. Duties will include technical writing, editing, publishing, and creation of charts, graphics, and images for all forms of media to include social media, websites, and hardcopy. This is a paid part-time position ($15 per hour) intended for the 2016-17 academic year (with option to start in summer 2016.)
Required Skills & Experience
- Currently enrolled in college and pursuing a major in English, Communications, or equivalent technical discipline.
- Proficient using computer productivity software such as MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong work ethic, commitment, and teamwork
- Authorization to work in the United States
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiar with content development of social media and website
- Familiar with formal documentation standards and practices
- Electronic graphic arts skills
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions may also be sent by U.S. mail: Norwich University Applied Research Institutes, Attn: Search Committee, P.O. Box 30, Northfield, VT 05663-0030.
Norwich University Applied Research Institutes is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Applications from women and people of diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package offered. Please visit https://nuari.net for more information.