Position Description/ Duties
Norwich University Applied Research Institutes (NUARI) is seeking experienced Cybersecurity Analysts to support expanded research and development of products and services that establish a cybersecurity risk framework and enable cybersecurity resiliency for real-world critical infrastructures. We are looking for smart, enthusiastic individuals that will work closely with the current team of model & simulation engineers, software developers, data architects, and subject matter experts. Duties will include:
- Designing and authoring hypothetical cyber exercise training scenarios based on current and emerging cyber threats
- Working directly with our client’s IT leadership to plan and conduct cyber security exercise events that stress incident response and cyber resiliency
- Performing comprehensive data analytics and cyber security risk framework assessments
- Support on-going product improvement of NUARI’s Distributed Environment for Critical Infrastructure Decision-making Exercises (DECIDE®) platform.
Required Skills & Experience
- A broad knowledge of information security practices and protocols related to security compliance and/or audit initiatives, cyber-incident response planning, and cyber-resiliency best practices
- At least 4 years of information technology or information security experience with exposure to enterprise-level data classification and protection, data analysis and/or business analysis functions to include:
- Experience developing/testing IT specific Incident Response Plans
- Experience with various security management tools (Vulnerability Management, Configuration Management, Data Loss Prevention, SIEM, etc.)
- Experience with log correlation tools
- Experience with packet analysis tools
- Understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite and security techniques/products
- Aptitude to assist in authoring hypothetical cyber exercise training scenarios
- Excellent communications skills, problem solving skills, analytical skills, and superb attention to detail
- Authorized to work in the United States
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS Information Assurance, Information Security, Cyber Security, or equivalent technical discipline.
- Previous experience with planning and conducting cyber exercises
- One or more current security certifications (e.g., CISSP, GSEC, CISM, GPEN, GXPN, OSCP, OSCE, CEH).
- Familiarity with common frameworks, methodologies and standards including: ISO 27001, COBIT, NIST (e.g., Risk Management; NIST SP800-15), OSSTMM, Penetration Testing Framework.
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume via email: email@example.com. Submissions may also be sent by U.S. mail: Norwich University Applied Research Institutes, Attn: Search Committee, P.O. Box 30, Northfield, VT 05663-0030.
Full or part-time positions are available. While face-to-face collaboration is critical, flexible work environment may allow a portion of the effort to be conducted remotely.
Norwich University Applied Research Institutes is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Applications from women and people of diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package offered. Please visit https://nuari.net for more information.