Cyber Security Internships
Position Description/ Duties
Norwich University Applied Research Institutes (NUARI) is seeking smart, enthusiastic student(s) for part-time internship positions working closely with experienced cyber security professionals, developers, and subject matter experts to support development and deployment web-enterprise Cyber Security products and services. Duties will include supporting the technical team, as directed, in research and development of products and services that establish a cyber security risk framework and enable cybersecurity resiliency for real-world critical infrastructures. This is a paid part-time position ($15 per hour) intended for the 2016-17 academic year (with option to start in summer 2016.)
Required Skills & Experience
- Currently enrolled in college and pursuing a major in Cyber Security, Information Assurance, or equivalent technical discipline.
- Proficient using basic computer productivity software such as MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills Strong work ethic, commitment, and teamwork
- Authorization to work in the United States
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiar with information security practices and protocols related to security compliance and/or audit initiatives, cyber-incident response planning, and cyber-resiliency best practices
- Familiarity with common frameworks, methodologies and standards including: ISO 27001, COBIT, NIST
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions may also be sent by U.S. mail: Norwich University Applied Research Institutes, Attn: Search Committee, P.O. Box 30, Northfield, VT 05663-0030.
Norwich University Applied Research Institutes is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Applications from women and people of diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package offered. Please visit https://nuari.net for more information.